You can listen to the show @: Houston LIVE! | HAS
~ Beginning of Transcript
According to its website, The Small Business Development and Contract Compliance Division (SBDCCD) exists to promote the utilization of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) in Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) financially-assisted contracts, the utilization of Minority and Women and Persons with Disabilities Business Enterprises (MW/PDBEs) in City of Houston funded contracts, to improve access to HAS contract and procurement opportunities for MW/PDBE and non-MW/PDBE companies and to ensure compliance with local and federal mandates.
- Provides contracting opportunity information to SBEs / MWBEs / DBEs / PDBEs
- Serves as an advocate for MW/PDBEs and supports policies and activities to maximize their participation in Airport contracts
- Assists Prime Contractors with identifying certified MWBEs / DBEs / PDBEs to participate on contracts as subcontractors and concessionaires.
- Educates MWBEs / DBEs / PDBEs on how to access HAS contracting opportunities.
- Monitors MWBE / DBE utilization on contracts with participation goals.
- Ensures that wage standards are met on all construction projects with Federal and City funding.
- Hosts small business and minority forums for networking.
- Provides information and referral services to SBEs / MWBEs / DBEs / PDBEs
In sum, The Houston Airport System’s Small Business Development and Contract Compliance Division states that it is committed to creating a level playing field on which DBEs and MW/PDBEs can participate in an environment that removes barriers, ensures non-discrimination, and provides the tools necessary to compete successfully within the Houston Airport System and the marketplace outside the DBE and MW/PDBE Program.